Art is a physical expression of one’s thoughts and feelings. Regardless of the medium used, the end product speaks volumes about the individual without the use of words. For that reason, art is a perfect means for someone in recovery to express the highs and lows of his or her recovery journey.sharing of the songs is followed by an opportunity to explain their meaning or representation.
THURSDAYS 4 - 5:00PM
As part of our holistic recovery programs and resources offerings, we hold a weekly Marijuana Anonymous meeting at our Webster, MA, peer recovery center to help those struggling with addiction. This 12 Step program has helped thousands find peace, comfort, and success when combating cannabis use. .
We offer recovery support programs and assistance focused on the following communities: Webster, Dudley, Oxford, Southbridge, Douglas, and Worcester. Looking for additional peer recovery resources?
signs of potential marijuana disorder
Frequently using marijuana can lead to problematic use, known as marijuana use disorder (also known as cannabis use disorder).
Marijuana Use Disorder is diagnosed based on a cannabis user meeting any two of the below criteria (outlined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) within 12 months:
1) Using more marijuana than was originally intended.
2) Inability to lessen marijuana use despite a desire to do so.
3) Spending a lot of time and resources obtaining, using, and recovering from marijuana.
4) Craving or experiencing a strong desire to use marijuana.
5) Inability to fulfill obligations at home, school, or work due to marijuana use.
6) Using marijuana in physically-hazardous situations, such as driving
7) Continuing to use marijuana despite knowledge of having recurrent physical or psychological problems that are likely linked to or worsened by marijuana use.
8) Forgoing occupational, recreational, or social activities due to marijuana use.
9) Needing to use more marijuana to experience the same effects.
19) Showing signs of physical withdrawal when not using marijuana.
facts & potential marijuana
Marijuana is the third most commonly used addictive drug in the United States.
“Long-term or frequent” use has also been linked to increased risk of psychosis, hallucinations, and schizophrenia in some users as well as serious physical illness.”
Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome: When receptors in the cannabis user’s stomach lining become saturated with cannabinoids and cause excessive vomiting.